Best Salesforce Apps On The Market: Our Top 7
If you’re a sales professional in 2019, you or your team are most likely using Salesforce. But even with all its capabilities, there are many things that it can’t do out of the box.
This is where Salesforce apps—third-party-developed extensions that add functionality—come in. These apps are designed to maximize your productivity, connect your different tools and systems, and make your job a whole lot easier.
But with literally thousands of plug-ins and apps on Salesforce AppExchange (their app store), it’s hard to tell which apps actually help and which are just a waste of space.
For this list, we reviewed dozens of extensions to bring you the best Salesforce apps you can find.
Why Get A Salesforce App?
Salesforce has been tweaking and refining its system for the last 20 years, which is why the software is so popular today. But even though the core capabilities are solid, users still clamor for a few extra functionalities. Salesforce themselves may not be able to add those in, but in 2005, they came up with a solution: AppExchange.
AppExchange is Salesforce’s app store where third-party developers can release extensions, plug-ins, and other apps that address specific user concerns. Research has shown that Salesforce apps are becoming quite popular, with a huge majority of Salesforce customers using them. As of last year, there were almost 3.5 thousand apps and 6 million installs.
Salesforce apps are totally optional, so why do so many people use them?
The answer is pretty simple; Salesforce is just better with them.
There’s an app for every business need, from creating personalized marketing campaigns to automatic activity logging.
Each app is screened before they can be listed, and each person on your team can choose the ones they feel would benefit them the most. Most apps are either free or run on the same Software-as-a-Service (Saas) subscription model that Salesforce does.
Top Salesforce Apps You Should Check Out
We understand if you don’t want to scroll through thousands of apps just to find the right ones. Instead, check out our list of the best Salesforce apps on AppExchange.
1. ZynBit – An All-In-One Salesforce App
Price: Free for up to two users. Starter plan starts at $9 per month.
Best for: an all-around Salesforce – Email integration solution
Do you need an all-in-one tool that packs a powerful punch? ZynBit just might be the Salesforce app you’re looking for. ZynBit is a must-have addition for any sales rep who wants to make the most out of their time.
This Salesforce email integration works with Outlook, Office 365, and Gmail, automatically logging your activity into Salesforce, allowing you to focus on prospecting, meeting with clients, and closing deals.
Plus, there are tons of other incredible features like supercharging your email inbox with Salesforce integration, one-click calendar sharing, email and web visitor tracking for better prospecting, and timely insights and reports on customer behavior and sales activity data.
- Sync Calendar, Email, Tasks and Contacts automatically
- Track email engagement, link opens, and website visits – see which prospects open and click your emails
- Create tasks and follow-up reminders
- Integrate with Outlook, Gmail, and 365 – supports all email environments, no matter how complex
- Book more meetings with one-click calendar sharing
- Easy access to Salesforce customer information and opportunities via the side panel
- See customer insights and behavior right in your email inbox and identify high-probability opportunities
- Mobile Inbox + Salesforce® – Supports Outlook Mobile on iOS & Android
- Support all Salesforce editions: Industry Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, Sales Cloud, Financial Services Cloud.
- Scan Business Cards to Salesforce®
- Discover & Sync Contacts
2. DocuSign – Signing eContracts Made Easy
Price: eSignature Plans start at $10 per month
Best for: electronically signing documents quickly
Signing contracts in person is time-consuming and resource-draining. Either you schedule a meeting when you’re both free, or you pay a courier to deliver the documents and back. Cut down on delays and costly back-and-forths by using DocuSign, a simple one-click e-signature solution that’s simple, secure, and super effective.
- Send and sign contracts anytime, anywhere
- Generate agreements automatically with a few clicks
- Automate contracts and workflows
- Easily track contract status
- Access all customer agreements right from your CRM
3. Formstack – Number #1 Form Builder For Salesforce
Price: Plans start at $19 per month
Best for: creating beautiful custom online forms
Formstack is the #1 form builder for Salesforce, so you know you’re getting only the best. It’s easy to make forms with Formstack and publish them on social media or on your website, even if you don’t know how to code. From customer questionnaires to feedback surveys, Formstack’s got you covered.
- Intuitive drag-and-drop form builder with dozens of elements
- Create responsive, mobile-friendly forms
- Integrate with MailChimp, Paypal, Facebook, WordPress, and other top apps
- Secure, encrypted data with password protection and reCAPTCHA
- Access to dozens of easily customizable templates
- Publish on social media platforms, websites, and landing pages
4. Conga Composer – AI-Powered Contract Collaboration
Price: Custom pricing available upon request
Best for: creating dynamic, engaging documents and presentations
Conga Composer makes creating critical documents like contracts and visual presentations hassle-free. This AI-powered suite of collaboration tools allows you to build, track, store, share, and analyze all of your agreements from your Salesforce dashboard.
- Quickly create branded documents, contracts, and other assets
- Send scheduled documents by batch and create automatic workflow rule triggers
- Access your documents (and data about it) anytime, anywhere
- Collaborate with others seamlessly
- Generate reports and track interactions with your documents
- Build smarter, more effective contracts with fewer risks and errors
5. Geopointe Mapping Analytics – Keep Track Of Salesforce Lead’s Locations
Price: Plans start at $39 per month, billed annually
Best for: planning around where your customers are located
Location, location, location—where your customers are based is one of the most important bits of information you can have. Geopointe Mapping Analytics is one of the best Salesforce apps for discovering prospects in your area, optimizing your schedule around your upcoming meetings, and improving productivity while on-the-go.
- Find nearby leads and sales opportunities
- Optimize your routes and schedule stops in advance
- Save your notes and meeting logs while out on the field
- Easily fill in last-minute cancelations with new clients
- Visualize your upcoming schedule and travel plans
- Access a rich set of boundary data and demographics
Check out Geopointe Mapping Analytics here.
6. MailChimp – A Powerful Email Marketing Tool
Price: Free plan available; paid plans start at $9.99 per month
Best for: smart email marketing
Email marketing isn’t dead; in fact, it’s more powerful than ever before—IF you know how to leverage it. With millions of users and still growing, MailChimp is the most popular email marketing platform out there. You can learn about your customers and create targeted email campaigns with just a few clicks.
- Create integrated multi-channel marketing campaigns via email, social, and ads
- Gain insight into your target market with in-depth customer profiles
- Access design templates and easy-to-use tools to create visual content
- Get pre-built campaigns based on audience data and other insights
- Track interactions with your marketing emails
Salesforce Adoption Dashboards – Help Sales Managers Keep Their Team On Track
Best for: ensuring your sales team makes the most out of Salesforce
It’s no surprise that one of the best apps for Salesforce comes from their team of developers. Salesforce Adoption Dashboards is a Salesforce Labs product that helps sales managers keep their team on track. The dashboard allows management to monitor how their teams are using Salesforce and tweak their operations strategies as necessary.
- Monitor the adoption of the top productivity-enhancing Salesforce features
- Tracks user login history and behavior
- Set specific metrics and adoption targets
- Colorful, easy-to-understand charts and reports
- Customize dashboard for your team’s specific challenges
7. Clicktools – Integrate Forms Directly Into Salesforce
Price: Custom pricing available upon request
Best for: collecting, monitoring, and actioning customer feedback
The customer isn’t always right, but their feedback is still incredibly valuable. Clicktools is another form builder that focuses on customer surveys and feedback forms. Instead of having reviews go in through another channel or CRM, you can integrate it right into Salesforce—giving your departments easy access to information that could help improve your processes.
- Allow customers to send feedback via a variety of channels
- Choose how customers share their experiences through different question types
- Build branded surveys, forms, emails, and URLs
- Direct customers to additional resources or a landing page
Salesforce Apps Can Increase Productivity & Sales Quotas
Salesforce is an amazing standalone CRM, but why not make it the best it can be? After all, having the right tools can spell the difference between wasting time on menial tasks and being a productive worker. The tools on this list are some of the top Salesforce apps on the market—use them wisely, and you’ll be on the right track towards better, more efficient, and more profitable operations.