In order to manage aspects of your users email and calendar, an account can be created that can act on behalf of your users and thereby simplify their experience. This Service Account is used by the software to access your users exchange information and allows ZynBit to act on their behalf. After setting up this account, you can then grant it the rights to act upon each user’s data and thereby automate much of the routine account configuration and setup for your ZynBit users.
Creating a Delegated Service Account:
(Items in italics can be replaced with your own values)
- Your Exchange Administrator should create a Service account by opening the Exchange Admin Center and clicking on ‘recipients’ in the navigation panel. You should see something similar to the screenshot below.
Click the + and select the ‘User mailbox’ option to create the new service account.
Select the ‘New user’ option and complete the form below. Create a Service Account with a mailbox ZynBit.Service.Account@company.com
Once the form is completed click the ‘Save’ button.
Grant delegated access to the service account for each user
- Define your list of users in a .csv file (For Example, Initiallist.csv)
- Grant delegated access to users calendar and/or tasks by looping through the user list in Powershell with these commands.
- For users who will need access to ZynBit, be sure to add the Powershell Command to IT Onboarding Checklist
- If your IT Staff wants to automate the powershell commands for on-boarding new users, they can develop a scheduled task to automate group/permission management. Use the same “add” commands as above. Additional commands to remove users are provided below.