Outlook Desktop – December 2016 Release
- Reordered search results to be in alphabetical order.
- Any emails filed using this release should not show the ZynBit email property at the top of a printed email.
- Truncate very long emails and store first 2000 characters instead of failing.
- Added a scroll bar to the File email and Refile Email screens to accommodate a large number of attachments.
- Task enhancements
- Populate task due date when an email is marked for follow-up and filed as a task.
- Email the new owner when a task is assigned or reassigned.
- An email settings box has been added to the top of the Outlook Ribbon to allow users to customize ZynBit.
- The ability to toggle the track email features off and on. (This replaces the check box which used to appear on the ribbon.
- The auto-file feature can be set to disable the check-box to auto-file emails in a thread. This can be needed to limit memory use if needed to accommodate some computer configurations.
- Some Salesforce configurations have a very large number of contacts and multiple email fields. Since ZynBit now checks all email fields in all contacts to determine if a record exists or has a duplicate, performance could be a problem for some organizations. Indexes can be added in Salesforce to custom email fields to improve performance, and this version will disable checking of custom email fields if a timeout occurs during the email search.
- Changed “+” action label from “Create New Object” to “Create New Record.”
- Added checking for permission sets to ensure that users can perform record add/remove/updates with special permissions.
- Fixed a problem where user couldn’t add a new record when you had permission to view only one record type.
- Enable user to stop auto-filing conversations by clicking Automatically File New Messages on an email where the thread had been tracked.
- Fixed a problem loading Zynbit where it appeared that Zynbit was always loading and never finished.
- Fixed activities where name or account is required resulting in indexes that prevent filing and show as
- Name or Name
- Name Account
- Account Account