ZynCal is designed to simplify how meetings are scheduled between you and your customers or partners. Easily share calendar availability and eliminate all of the email back and forth that happens today.
For Sales Managers: Map out your customer engagement process with meeting types in order to track the different meetings and meeting volume it takes to manage an opportunity through to close.
For the Sales Rep: Sharing your availability and collaborating to schedule your next meeting is as simple as sharing a URL link. Customers and prospects can see your free/availability in real time and book a time that works best for them. You can add questions to each meeting type to make sure everyone is prepared for the meeting beforehand.
For the Customer: Your customers see only Free/available slots converted and shown in their local time. They can easily select a time that works for them and invite other team members to the meeting at the same time.
For Marketing: Direct your web forms directly to meeting pages to allow new prospects and customers to book in real time while they are already on your website. Don’t let opportunities go cold or get stale with routing of web forms through email.
General: ZynCal will automatically send the meeting invite from the host calendar to the invitees. If meetings need to be re-scheduled you can use your calendar to propose new times or modify the meeting. No need to change your work habits.
Salesforce & CRM: All ZynCal meetings can be sync’ed with Salesforce if you already using ZynSync for calendar sync’ing.
ZynCal allows real time access to Calendars from any ZynBit email provider (Gmail, Exchange, or Office 365).
The process is kicked off when the ZynCal user provides a URL to his intended meeting invitee where they can select any unscheduled, allowed time on the ZynCal users’ calendar without unduly exposing private calendar details or control to external parties. When the invitee selects a suitable time, they are sent an invitation from the ZynCal user’s calendar and the ZynCal user is notified of the new meeting. The invitation is prefilled with details about meeting location, default length, or other preset options determined by the meeting type.
The ZynCal dashboard is accessed by logging into http://app.zynbit.com and clicking on the magenta ZynCal icon on the left side of the screen.
Click the Add Calendar button if you do not already have a calendar.
It is possible to have multiple calendars with different settings, and to do that, see the article for Managing Multiple Calendars . This article assumes you are creating and using one calendar. After you create the calendar, click the pencil to edit the settings.
- You can upload a personal photo if desired using icon number 1 in the screen shot below.
- Your personal meeting URL can be sent to potential meeting partners for them to schedule mutually convenient times. If you prefer, you can also send the URL for a specific meeting type (as explained below) rather than the generic link to your calendar. You can also obtain code to embed your calendar on your web site if desired.
3. On the Account drop down, you can select from any of your ZynBit email accounts to allow ZynCal to connect to that calendar.
4. To enable the calendar, click the On/Off toggle at the top right to show On. The screen shot here shows the green bar that appears when the calendar is On. You can edit your Calendar Name and Tag Line as desired.
5. Select the Meeting Days and
6. Business Hours during which you would like to allow people to book meetings.
7. Indicate your Time Zone. When meetings are created, they will appear in the local time zone of all participants.
8. Meeting Length check boxes will enable various meeting lengths.
9. First Meeting Buffer sets the minimum amount of time between when the link is clicked and the time a person can schedule a meeting. To ensure that you have one days notice before any meeting, select 24 hours. To ensure that you have one hours notice before any new scheduled meeting, select 1.
10. The Field All Meeting Buffer indicates the amount of time you must have between meetings. Your calendar with show unavailable for this number of minutes before and after each meeting to allow for preparation and follow up.
Click Save Changes when you complete these items. The icon below the Save Changes button is the Chat wizard to interact with ZynBit support.
Remember, if desired, multiple calendar views can be created that will allow differing defaults for different needs.
Once your calendar is all configured, you can use the ZynBit icon at the top left to manage meetings with a great degree of control. For additional information, see the article on Scheduling ZynCal Meetings for Specific Times.
Set up Meeting Types
The final step in configuration is to set up one or more meetings types if desired. To create new meeting types, open the green Meeting Type tab at the top of the calendar view, and clicking the blue Add Meeting Type button.
A window will open, allowing you to enter meeting parameters like web meeting links or conference rooms. The information in the meeting setup will be included in the meeting invitation. Set your new meeting to your default meeting if desired. You may also allow your contact to change the default meeting location.
Survey questions can be created and marked as required if desired. An example of a question for a Sales demo meeting is “How many licenses is your company considering?” A software support meeting might have the required question “What version of the software are you using?”
The new meeting will default to HIDE which can be changed to SHOW by clicking the slider bar.
To allow your contact to book time on your calendar, send them either your personal meeting URL or click the calendar icon beside a meeting type to obtain a URL for the specific meeting type intended. Include this URL in an email asking your contact to book a time convenient for them. When they click the link, a view of your calendar will open. The duration of each time slot shown will be dictated by the length of the meeting type being used. Times which are already booked on your calendar show as unavailable. The default availability is set to show any openings within the next 30 days.
When the contact selects a time slot, they will be able to fill out the information needed to set up the meeting. If you have allowed the attendee to change the location of the meeting that field will be editable, as shown below.
The contact is then issued a meeting invitation from your calendar. If your Receive Notification When Meeting is Scheduled option is enabled, you will receive a notification at this time. The notification will be sent from GetZyn@ZynBit.com.
The appearance of the contact invitation depends on their email interface but contains the location, subject and basic information.
When your contact confirms attendance from their calendar, you will see that your meeting has been accepted. The meeting will contain all the information including the survey questions and answers as well as the location information. There will also be a link for the contact to reschedule the meeting both in this invitation and in the meeting body.
If the client later declines the meeting, you will be sent notification so you can delete or reschedule the meeting in exactly the normal manner your calendar software handles cancellations.
Scheduling meetings for a specific time
When using ZynCal, the default time period in which a meeting can be scheduled is today plus 30 days. The link you include email will show all availability for the next 30 days, for any available Calendar Hours after the First Meeting Buffer with any All Meeting Buffer minutes marked unavailable from existing meetings.